Saturday, February 18, 2012

Birthday Music #4: Jeff

Name: Jeff

Girls Rock Camp Donation Tally: $25 (Jeff matched my $5 donation, bumping up our total $10. A good man, that Jeff.)

Relationship: Jeff went to the all boy's Catholic high school down the street from my all girl's Catholic high school in Connecticut. We recently reconnected (within the past couple of years) via Facebook (of course.) He's coming to Seattle in March for work and we'll reunite when he does.

How Did We Meet: I don't remember the specifics, but I think Jeff and I met at a hotel room party that became a common occurrence in our senior year. (Think Super 8 Motel and the potential that someone may have died in one of the beds and they didn't change the bedspread.) Jeff was friends with Chris, who remains my best friend to this day.

Something about Jeff: Jeff shares tales of his children on Facebook and they don't make me want to puke. In fact, they make me think his kids are pretty cool and that they, in turn, think he's cool too.

Jeff's Playlist: Every song on Jeff's playlist makes reference to a geographical location and manages to get both Neils (Diamond and Young) in there.

Delivery: Jeff mailed a CD, titled "The Evening Star Must Be Drooping and Shedding Her Sparkler Dims on the Prairie" (a quote from Kerouac's "On the Road,") to Oliver's Twist.

Favorite (Nostalgic) Track: "Kentucky Woman," Neil Diamond


Favorite (New to Me) Track(s): "Bloodbuzz Ohio," The National; "Hello Seattle," Owl City



As a reminder, here's the address so you can send me music too:

Alison's Birthday Music
c/o Oliver's Twist
6822 Greenwood Avenue
Seattle WA 98103

Remember, for every playlist I receive by the end of the month, I am making a $5 donation to Girls Rock Camp.

More Birthday Music posts to come…

No comments: