Calder Strategies has an amazingly extensive post about the do's and don't's of mobile advocacy. (Hats off to them.) Some of the best:
- Area of growth = The mobile fundraising market is bound to rapidly expand in the next 12 months.
- Be realistic = "The total numbers are still small but effect is beginning to show."
- It's a generational thing = Young people are more receptive to mobile marketing campaigns.
- Pay attention, Senators = Text messages increase the likelihood that voters will make it to the polls.
- Be scrupulous = This is your brand. Don't be annoying.
- Don't push it = Mobile is about interaction. It's not the same thing as direct mail/push emails.
- Integrate = Mobile is not something to tack on as just another tactic. It needs to make sense and it needs to touch each aspect of the campaign.