Sunday, August 12, 2007

status? grumpier than sh*t

  • My neck and back hurt. Still. Since Friday morning. The pain was seemingly brought on by an annoying email from Steve. I grimaced. I felt pain.
  • If one more person tells me what to do about my neck pain, I will stab them. I know that it comes from a good place, but I hate things that come from good places, particularly when I hurt. Shut up. No. Seriously. Shut up.
  • I have not felt compelled to blog. This blog post is not a good sign that this stage is coming to an end anytime soon.
  • I made the mistake of actually completing a profile on Facebook this morning after reading another boring blog post about how we all need to invest time in our online profile/brand.
  • Shut up.
  • I wanted to go see Interview with Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller (actually, I wanted to go with my friend Alyson, but Mr. Buscemi and Ms. Miller are in the film), but then I read in the Post that it sucked and it made me grumpy because it looked smart and kinda sexy.

  • On Friday at work we did an exercise in which we had to name something that we are a fan of and I said Wayne Coyne because he seems to be compelled to do what he does by the joy that it brings to him. (Have you seen Fearless Freaks? If you have, you know what I mean.) I also read, on Friday, a post from Geno at Brains on Fire, about the evolution of fandom and, while I thought it was a great in the same way I love Dave Armano's stuff (simple illustration of a seemingly simple idea that actually helps to pull out its complexities), I felt like a bad fan because I just don't think I have gone through each stage on behalf of Wayne. I don't think that was Geno's intention, but I am grumpy and even if Geno had come to my house with a bouquet of flowers and a t-shirt that read "Wayne Coyne's Biggest Fan," I am still likely to have had this response.
  • YES, I recognize the irony in the fact that I admire Wayne because of the fact that he is motivated by his pursuit of joy.
  • Shut up.
  • My mother left a phone message asking me to call her and I wonder if she really thinks that saying that she REALLY wants to talk to me compels me to call her faster. Oh, REALLY?

No comments: