Thursday, July 05, 2007

"that guy"

I was really impressed last week with the series that the Post did about Vice President Cheney. It was obvious that the reporters -- Jo Becker and Barton Gellman -- had done their homework and, as Hendrik Hertzberg writes in this week's New Yorker, "many of the details and incidents that Gellman and Becker document are as new as they are appalling."

Good stuff.

So, the crap story about John Edwards and his haircuts -- including the nonsense about the stylist "telling his side of the story" and his "long relationship" with the former senator -- is that much more infuriating.

Are you kidding me? Is this the Post or Us?

Buy the print version of the paper and you get a chart -- yes, a chart -- of each haircut and the cost (some were free, some included travel expenses).

And cringe when you read Joseph Torrenueva, the stylist, say how it hurt him when Edwards referred to him as "that guy."

("I did not have sexual relations with that woman . . .)


As Edwards' spokeswoman said, "He didn't lie about weapons of mass destruction or spring Scooter Libby; he just got some expensive haircuts."

Amen.

Disclosure: I get my hair cut and colored every five weeks and it costs me $145 (including tip), unless I buy a new bottle of Bumble & Bumble shampoo, conditioner or styling creme, which set me back about $25 each.

So there.

No comments: