Monday, July 02, 2007

in case you're wondering

After a full day of being a slug, I am feeling better and heading out tonight for a drink with my friend Anna at Bistro Bis at The Hotel George. As long as they have Laphroaig on the menu . . .

And then, tomorrow morning, I am getting up early to take the train to New York for the day to see the Richard Serra show at the MoMA (which may test my claustrophobia) and to, hopefully, yank my friend Dan from the clutches of his job at the best company to work for in America for another drink before heading home to DC in the evening.

Not sure what is happening on the 4th. Back in the day, I spent the 4th of July on my grandparents' front lawn in East Longmeadow, MA on a blanket, waiting for the Shriners -- in their little cars -- to toss candy my way.

Maybe I can find some small children on Wednesday and throw candy at them for old times' sake.

Back to the old (bump and) grind on Thursday.

Update: The MoMA is closed on Tuesday. New plan: the Met, shopping in Soho, a plate of potato pancakes with apple sauce and a drink with Dan somewhere fabulous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those crazy shriners!

Anonymous said...

Good news about your health! Mmmm potato pancakes...