Sunday, July 08, 2007

DC dinner and a movie

I discovered Metrocurean yesterday, which promises to bring me the "latest news on restaurant and bar openings, buzz and noteworthy happenings in Washington, D.C., along with a side dish of epicurean adventures."

Maybe after a fabulous meal somewhere here in DC (please, metrocurean, point me in the direction), I can take the Metro up to Silver Spring because the AFI Silver Theatre kicked off a summer series on July 6 (which ends on September 6) called "Totally Awesome: Films of the 80s." Despite the painful series title, it seems worth it to head up to Silver Spring to see a couple of the movies, if not more.

Just a few of the flicks I'll be hoping to head up to Silver Spring to see (again) on the big screen:



I'm still waiting for John Cusack to show up outside my window.



"The more you drive, the less intelligent you are."



John Lurie can come stand outside my window too.



Go on, Andie, express your triumph by making an ugly dress.



My high school English teacher, Mrs. Lovell, had fantasies that she would quit her job at the (Catholic) high school by putting Blue Velvet on the VCR and walking out the front door.

No comments: