Thursday, June 01, 2006

a couple of links

I'm running late, but I don't want to leave you with another day of no new posts. I'm good like that. So, it's link time! Hopefully I will have time for more later today. I'm still being a social butterfly, so something has to suffer . . .

Here's a post to HuffingtonPost.com from my old boss (Rock the Vote board member), Hilary Rosen. Bill Gates has given her a severe case of "gadget envy". She's hot for his concept for the Reality Acquisition Device, "a portable device much like our Blackberries, Treos and the new Motorola Q that Gates was holding. Our surroundings will be illuminated by more information - more reality. Have we been here before? Where did we go? Are there buildings or businesses that our social network of friends have told us about? What are the local issues related to those we have already expressed concerned about that the device remembers?" Rosen has some other ideas for the not-yet-invented device. Keep reading . . .

Slate has an article from Jacob Weisberg that posits that Al Gore will have a greater impact by staying out of the White House and leading the fight against global warming. I recently heard a group of Dem friends suggesting that Gore's film, The Inconvenient Truth, was going to blow people's minds and rally them for our side in 2008 (particularly if Gore gets in the race). I couldn't help but think of the number of people who said the same thing about Fahrenheit 9/11 back in 2004 -- and look how far that got us. (But I kept it to myself -- until now.)

No comments: