Wednesday, December 23, 2009

i'm back

I was looking through posts last night in an attempt to gather information that a friend had requested about "favorite" movements. (I sent her details about Etsy and the DIY community, the Green My Apple campaign and Dallas Clayton, whom I referred to as a "burgeoning movement" in my idealistic and hopeful eyes.)

And then this morning, when I should have been getting ready for work, I discovered Topsy.com and, for the first time, started browsing the tweets that had been written in response to "Sincerely, John Hughes."

And I remembered — for the 1,784th time — that I really love blogging because it is a chance to write — about what I want to write about. It is my space to do the thing that makes me happiest in this world.

I'm back. I apologize for my absence. I love you, Twitter, but it just ain't the same.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back, glad you regained your 'love' for blogging! I too love the idea of getting my voice(cls96789.com)out there but am no where near where i want to be. Wishing you and yours a Happy Holiday and Stay safe. Aloha

*pardon the blatant blog plug :-)

Unknown said...

Allison,
I just discovered JH's death yesterday when watching Don't Forget About Me. The end of their film made John seem distant and detached. Then to learn of his passing, at the end of the film, was shocking. Sincerely let me see the John Hughes I was sure existed. Thanks. I'm going to write something on my ScenTrail blog and link to We'll Know When We Get There. Good luck with your book. Marty

Jennifer said...

Welcome home, Alison. Looking forward to reading new posts.

Anonymous said...

You were on my mind yesterday as my best friend -- who'd been re-watching Breakfast Club to enhance the experience of a morning work-out -- was reminiscencing about Hughes in his pre-film days teaching her sons more imaginative than average Halloween pranks. Being a bit anti-blog (a defensive posture I've been trying to help her passed), she'd missed your whole "Sincerely, John Hughes" episdose and I was thinking I'd find those posts and link-and-send them to her. Funny to find you've been on a blogging hiatus (but it happens).

Lover Lady said...

Good for you. Glad you're back. I learned about two of my favorite things this year from you--the Jimmy Carter movie and Dallas Clayton's book (which I ordered for my nephews and niece for Christmas). So, thanks!

Cheryl L. said...

Hi,
I've been following your site since I found it from a link on John Hughes. Kudos! Love the whole vibe of your site... even discovered Dallas Clayton from your blog too.

I couldn't find contact info so thought I'd leave a message here. I have a friend from Chicago who did a documentary called PROCEED AND BE BOLD on a black artist leaving his day job to pursue printing press art. I thought you might dig a few of the postcards they printed... seems to embody your whole awesome attitude.

Anyways, my email is laughlincheryl@hotmail.com . But no worries if super busy. Just wanted to give a shout out. Big time loving your blog! :)
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Cool story as for me. It would be great to read more about that theme. Thanks for sharing that info.
Joan Stepsen
Latest gadget