Saturday, January 06, 2007

the weather outside is frightful

I'm not sure if we broke any records today in DC, but walking down 18th Street this morning, the sight of folks in t-shirts and shorts -- the front windows of both The Diner and Tryst swung open -- just made me nervous.

Sure, I suppose I could learn to live in the moment and bask in the joy that 70-degree weather brings, but is living in the moment what got us here in the first place?

This is just WRONG. Save us.

Update: Just added the photo of the sun-bathing beauties from the cover of today's Post.

3 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

I'm no lover of winter weather and snow, having spent 17 real winters in Utah, but this is ridiculous! It was 75 degrees on Saturday. Seventy-five!!! How insane is that?

And, of course, there's no global warming.

Hmph. Right. Whatever.

Anonymous said...

It's the eeeend of the wooorld as we know it!

abf said...

But I feel fine?