Monday, November 20, 2006

del.icio.us tags 11.20.06

I promise that I won't let this blog turn into a link blog. When I have something to say, you have to know that I'm going to say it.

I head up to Burlington, VT this afternoon to spend the week with my aunt and her husband (which would, I guess, make him my uncle, but they only got married a couple of years ago and when you're as old as I am . . . )

Vacation is hard. I want to check my email. I want to cross things off my to-do list. Yesterday, in an effort to wrap things up before shutting down for the week, I worked for 11 hours. On. A. Sunday. But I'm working on letting things go. My version of letting things go.

Anyway, here are my del.icio.us tags for today:

  • There was a full page ad in yesterday's Washington Post for this new blog from Newsweek/WashingtonPost.com, On Faith. No URL in the ad and less than spectacular organic search results, but I found it. They'll learn. (Who does an ad about a web site without including the link?)
  • Stephanie Quilao at Back in Skinny Jeans explains RSS feeds "the Oprah way".
  • Kira sang "Come Rain or Come Shine" to Timothy -- in front of a room filled with his family and friends -- at his 40th birthday and made me cry.
  • My friend David started the True/False documentary film festival a couple of years ago with his friend/business partner, Paul. I managed to make it out there (Columbia, MO) in 2004 and 2005, but let work get in the way in 2006. Not this year. If you're looking for me between March 1-4, 2007, that's where I'll be.
  • EchoDitto tagged this Financial Times article about Danah Boyd, "high priestess of Internet friendship" and so did I.
  • John (who is also on vacation this week) posted about Curbly.com, which led me to PocketTable.com. I don't have a table because I don't have the room, so I want one. Now.
  • According to The Village Voice (and Mark Fiore) I have been diagnosed with DemoGlad.

No comments: