Saturday, September 23, 2006

"i made it!"

I'm back, showered and almost unpacked. I ran into Mike Ladd in the Paris airport on the way back. I went to college with Mike and it was great to be able to offer him a ride into the city and get a chance to hear what's up in his life. He's living in Paris with his wife and 18 month old son, but was coming to DC because his grandmother died. Sad news, of course, but Mike seemed okay with it because, as he said, she was 100 years old and lived a pretty full life. Mike told me that, at her last birthday party, she blew out the candles and said, "I made it!"

I'm going back to Paris in a month or so and hope to get the chance to see Mike when I am there.

18 hours of flying - 26 hours from hotel to apartment - gives you lots of time to think and one of the things that I thought about was this blog. I thought about the categories of things that I write about -- in broad terms. And I thought about how there are some people who come here to read one or more of those categories, but couldn't give a toss about the others. I've read plenty about trying to focus your blog to one topic as a way to increase traffic, but I'm not going to do that. That's not the point for me.

Blogger has a new Beta version that will eventually enable us to use tags and I'll switch to the new version when they do. In the meantime, I'll start creating labeling my titles with categories.

Here's what I am starting with --

Digital Influence -- personal/social media and marketing in general

In the News -- rants or raves about politics and other news

Cool Stuff -- stuff that I want to share for no other reason than it makes me happy

Photoplay -- music, movies, tv and famous people (kinda obscure title, but it's the name of one of the first film fan magazines)

Friends -- sharing some of the finest posts from some of the finest people I know

Wonder of Me -- posts all about Alison (hopefully, this will be the least frequent kind of post)

Blog Business -- posts like this

No comments: