Friday, April 21, 2006

i have good news

I think E.J. Dionne hits the nail on the head in this morning's Post when he says that "all the spin about Rove's power being diminished is simply wrong". Instead, Dionne writes, "The administration's one and only domestic priority in 2006 is hanging on to control of Congress."

I admit to hooting a little when I saw the headline that Rove was being relieved of his policy duties, but, when later in the day a friend mentioned the "good news" to me, the elation had passed. Come on, did you really think that Josh Bolten thought to himself, "Those Democrats are right. Karl has too much power. I think I'll demote him and put him in his place."

Nope. Dionne points out that there is a snowball in hell's chance that Bush is going to advance any major new policy initiative this year. But it's "no longer mere fantasy talk among liberals at cocktail parties," that Dems could kick ass come November.

THAT's the good news.

No comments: