Wednesday, February 22, 2006

what's out there


ABC News has decided to kick MySpace while it's down with an article that ponders the thought, "MySpace may be the most popular kid in high school, but I'm guessing male pattern baldness and a beer gut are just are just around the corner."

But screw 'em, because social scientist Danah Boyd just made a speech at the annual American Association for the Advancement of Science about why the kiddies -- justifiably -- love MySpace. (Thanks to PSFK for the heads up.)

No matter how pleased I am with the fact that the execution of Michael Morales has been delayed indefinitely, I must admit to being slightly shocked to know that anesthesiologists are such an ethical group.

I don't know why it bothers me that Larry Summers has resigned as President of Harvard, but it does. Just like it bothers Larry Straub. Maybe it's because I have a thing for guys with with stains on their ties. We'll miss you, Larry. Don't go changing to try to please me.

No comments: