Wednesday, February 22, 2006

evolution

This blog has evolved over the more than 13 months since I created it. I wasn't sure what I was aiming to do with it when I made that first post, which is the origin of the blog's title: We'll Know When We Get There. I wasn't going to try to define things from the start, I was just going to see what came about organically. I know what I care about, what makes me angry or laugh or want to send an email to a friend. I figured that's what this blog would be about: politics and pop culture, broadly defined. And I guess I was right.

Lately, maybe ever since I made that first post about work -- about my trip to the Word of Mouth Marketing Association conference -- I have been feeling more and more compelled to write about work, or at least about the things that are piquing my interest professionally. I have no interest in writing about my day to day life at work. It's none of your business and I have friends and co-workers with whom I can have that conversation. But I do want to write about the stuff that fills my brain 50 or 60 hours of my week.

I'm not going to force it. It will be slow and, I promise, I'll still write about inane topics like, "HELLO, what the h*ll is Meredith doing by screwing with (literally) sweet George's feelings for her? She's already one of the most annoying anorexic women on television (a poor man's Renee Zellweger -- who is already a little low rent) and now this? (Izzie's copious bosom and believeable self-derision is so much more appealing.)

ANYWAY, think evolution, not drastic change. But I'm still trying to figure out if I want to post that byline that Jeff Jarvis has asked me about. I'm thinking about it, I'm thinking about it.

No comments: