Wednesday, December 29, 2004

streets of new york

My mom gave me a subscription to The New Yorker for Hanukkah this year. I received my first issue in the mail yesterday and I'm working on keeping up and finishing this issue before the next one comes in a week. It shouldn't be too difficult. I have way too much time on my hands these days. Anyway, my guess is that I'll be pointing you in the direction of things that I find within the pages of the magazine and I'll begin now.

Check out this article about Caleb Smith, "a 34-year-old librarian at Columbia (University)". Smith just finished walking each and every street in Manhattan this month. It's an appealing idea, particularly knowing how easy it is to live in the city and stick to the same paths and the same neighborhoods time after time.

Speaking of New Yorker(s), RIP Jerry Orbach. May you live on and on and on in "Law and Order" reruns on TNT (they know drama) for decades to come.

No comments: