Thursday, December 30, 2004

doctor

So, about 14.5 weeks ago I fell in my apartment and broke my leg. For the past month I have been fretting because the position of my leg has been a bit odd and there was concern that my leg may have rotated. I got the results from the CT scan today, however, and that is not the case. It's a good thing, because the solution would have been to rebreak my leg to fix the alignment. After all this time, I'm not sure that I could bear the thought of going back to square one. The problem, which I am trying not to focus on too hard right now (must learn to ride the wave of good news, if only for a day), is that the doctor is not able to give me a good reason for why it is that my leg turns out to the left, which he agrees it does.

If you've got a broken leg and want to obsess about it, head straight to MyBrokenLeg.com where your paranoia about evey ache and pain will be confirmed by the paranoid set that hangs out there. (You say "paranoid" like it's a bad thing.)

No comments: