Saturday, May 17, 2008

del.icio.us tags: twitter

I'm going to be doing a Twitter training at the agency late next month and I'm collecting great content in the meantime.

Here's some of the latest:

  • Comcast is one of the many companies who is using Twitter as part of their online customer service. Of course, I still hate Comcast, but maybe just a little less.
  • Firehose is a real time Twitter timeline. Don't try to read it. Just try to take it in: people want you to know what they are doing right now.
  • Twitter (and all-around) rock star Dave Armano gives you his tips on How to Twitter Conferences Like a Rock Star. Because I'm not a total social media wanker and don't go to conferences every week, I've yet to have the chance to tweet from a conference, but I'm looking forward to the chance. It's got to be better than my lame attempts to live blog conferences. In the meantime, I think Spike Jones from Brains on Fire does an excellent job of tweeting from conferences and we have a deal that he will attend conferences on my behalf if I fly him first class and put him up in boutique hotels.
  • TwitBuzz is trying to capture what is generating the most conversation on Twitter (I have a serious aversion to the term "buzz.") It looks like they measure popularity through the number of links to content. They also rank the folks who, I believe, are generating the most tweets. (Is that what it means to be "most social?") The tool is meant to address "the desperate needs for management" of the content on Twitter. I don't see it.
  • Finally, Stephen Baker writes about "Why Twitter Matters" at Business Week. It's definitely worth a read if you're trying to shed some light on the microblogging site. If you want to check out some of the research for the piece, look to the source. Baker asked fellow tweeters what they think. Check out the slide show that accompanies the article as well. (I had no idea Biz Stone was so hot.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heart Twitter