Friday, February 29, 2008

small comfort


I missed the Wilco shows at the 9:30 this time around because 1) I didn't manage to remember the day the tickets were going on sale and 2) the shows apparently sold out in 15 minutes.

I'll try to convince myself that it's okay, because I was on a red eye from San Francisco on night #1 and I spent night #2 hanging out with W learning about the relationship between Riot Grrl strippers and Crime and Punishment's Rodion Raskalnikov (in brief, it's the transitive property of deviance, dumb a**).

But I'm a little bummed that I managed to miss a live performance of "When the Roses Bloom Again," (a song that will always make me think of Joe Flood) and, well, Mr. Tweedy
remains my most persistent rock star crush.

Swoooooon.

I'll have to comfort myself with this recording of the show (and interview with Tweedy),
courtesy of NPR.

6 comments:

Atkins Gal said...

Hott. Yes, that's right, two T's.

I think I saw Jeremy Davies at the bowling alley tonight. The last time I saw him in the flesh was sitting in front of us at the Wilco movie at the Nuart Theatre. He is still small and he's sporting a grungy, gross beard.

abf said...

But he's on your favorite show now, eh? I read some entertainment magazine about him being in the cast and it noted that he was most well known for Saving Private Ryan. No, folks, he will forever be known in my world as the kid from Spanking the Monkey.

Unknown said...

I too am obsessed with all things Tweedy. I found copies of their 5 night tour in Chicago in which they played their entire recorded catalog.I am planning on sending copies to our mutual friend in Sturbridge. I could throw another set in their if your are interested and she could pass them on to you. (We lucked out here in the Midwest, Sunday will be the third time they have played in Iowa in the last year.)

abf said...

I would love that, Dexter! What can I send your way in exchange?

Unknown said...

Let me get these actually burned etc... I think I would like a nice post/tutorial about tags i.e. delicous something along those lines...

abf said...

I have a deli.icio.us how to that I could share with you. I'll ask Amy how to send it to you.