Saturday, October 27, 2007

meet my baby

The folks at Maker's Mark, to whom I have committed myself to remain loyal, have made a point of referring to my Ambassador barrel as my "newborn," which makes a childless woman in her mid-thirties a bit queasy, but I will forgive them.

Do you want to see what it looks like? This is what they have posted to the site.

Admittedly, it's not a very good photo. If you want to carry this newborn analogy a little further, it looks like one of the new grandmas, not quite comfortable with the sense of mortality that she feels at the sight of the next generation, decided to drink a few glasses of the stuff herself and THEN took the photo.

But if you squint and look in the middle column, second from the top. There I am.


Maybe they know I have been drinking Laphroaig?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your impending arrival. We're taking care of it until then.

And I'll see what we can do about the photography. We make the plaques nice, which mean they shine ... reflections, etc.

I'll make sure Bill sees your post!

Jason
jason.falls@makersmark.com

abf said...

Did I say I was drinking Laphroaig? Someone must have hacked this blog. I wouldn't POSSIBLY commit such sacrilege! Thanks for stopping by. Must go have another glass of Maker's Mark.

(They really do make you feel special. So, if you're a fan, sign up and get your our barrel.)