Friday, July 13, 2007

tell kristen a story

My friend Kristen posted yesterday about her desire to find more bloggers "who write biographically, regularly, humorously, and BRIEFLY."

I'm with Kristen. I like stories. It's why I like This American Life. It's why I like Dooce. It's why I like Fussy. Hell, it's why I like Johnny Cash.

Do you have any favorites that you would like to share? Post them here or go on over to Kristen's blog and include them in her comments.

Personally, I'm taking it as a challenge. I started a Vox blog a while back and let it die because I didn't know what to do with it. Maybe I'll write "biographically, regularly, humorously and BRIEFLY." And I won't do it just for Kristen, but because maybe the need to tell stories regularly and humorously will remind me not only to look out for the funny things in life, but will remind me that I need to live my life like it's a good story waiting to be told.

I'll let you know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Momo Fali's is biographical, regular, brief and humorous...if I may say so myself. My bio should definitely say I'm not modest...
http://momo-fali.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You go, girl. Let me know when you get that Vox thing started. I'll be there (and perhaps knock somebody else off my list of Favorite Blogs so I can make room for it).

abf said...

Thanks for coming back and telling me about Momo Fali's. Nothing wrong with patting yourself on the back. ;)

abf said...

I managed to get myself in a bit of a funk on Friday that has made coming up with anything humorous relatively difficult, but I know I have it in me, Kristen. I definitely recall having the ability to make people laugh in another lifetime . . .

Anonymous said...

S'ok. But one can wring humor from despair. I do it all the time! Hang in there.