Thursday, June 28, 2007

shrimp and cheese grits

I'm officially on vacation until next Thursday. I never managed to come up with a plan as to what the hell I was going to do with the time, so the "plan" is to get in my car, along with five days of clothes, some books and magazines, my camera, my iPod and my laptop and hit the road. I'm heading south with no clear idea of what I am going to be doing, but my hope is that the trip will involve shrimp and cheese grits, a good facial, a flea market/antique store or two, some new clothes or CDs from a small shop in a cool southern college town, a show by a band I've never heard of, reading in a park, a little bit of sun on my face and a few random historical landmarks.

There's a woman in Arkansas to whom my co-workers think I should make a visit, but I'm not sure I am going to make it.

I haven't been on a real road trip for two years now -- since before I started my current job -- and I'm looking forward to the freedom that it provides.

Now, I just need to get my a** moving and leave my apartment.

No comments: