Thursday, March 01, 2007

once upon a time

This is a story about RSS feeds, excellent customer service and the power of word of mouth.

Once upon a time, Dischord launched a new web site. It did not have RSS feeds.

I decided to be helpful and sent an email to the web master -- who turned out to be a good man named Alec -- and said, "You should have RSS feeds".

Alec sent me an email and told me, "We will."

Last week, Alec sent me another email to tell me the RSS feeds were up.

I thanked him and subscribed.

Today, there was an update on the site -- Ian Svenonius' show, Soft Focus on VBS.tv, has a four part interview with Dischord founder Ian Mackeye.

I received the partial feed via my Google Reader and went to the site to check out the full story.

I went over to VBS.tv and I watched the interviews.

While there, I discovered that another show did an interview with Nick Cave.

I thought to myself, "I know someone who loves Nick Cave".

I sent this person the interview and said, "I found an interview with Nick Cave and I am sharing it with you."

I posted to my blog and included links and sent traffic to Dischord and VBS.tv and we all lived happily ever after.

The end.

No comments: