Wednesday, June 14, 2006

just isn't funny

I love Dana Milbank. I love Dana Milbank's writing. Normally, Dana Milbank makes me laugh.

This morning -- Dana Milbank did not make me laugh.

I'm not sure it's Dana's fault. Now that "Turd Blossom" has escaped the (low key and subtle) wrath of Patrick Fitzgerald, things are looking up over at the White House, which just isn't funny. You can't beat a dead terrorist (well, it's likely that you can -- and we have -- but that's not my point) and now the president's top political advisor is home free. And it was just icing on the cake that Hillary got boo'd by her own kind (sort of) at the Campaign for American's Future conference, probably just as Bush was shaking hands with soldiers during his surprise trip to Iraq. Yep, they're probably breaking out the alcohol-free champagne down there on Pennsylvania Avenue, now that Bush's approval ratings have soared from 31 to 38 percent.

But I'm not laughing.

No comments: