Monday, May 01, 2006

that's good stuff

If, after watching the video of Stephen Colbert's speech at the White House Correspondents' dinner on Saturday night, you feel a desire to express your gratitude to the man, head over to ThankYouStephenColbert.org. (Link comes via Boing Boing.)

And if you missed the man on
60 Minutes last night, head over here for video and a full transcript (as a result of watching it, I do indeed now have a little crush on the man -- boring hair or not). The most endearing moment came when Colbert explained to Morley Safer why he doesn't let his kids watch his show:

"Kids can't understand irony or sarcasm, and I don't want them to perceive me as insincere. Because one night, I'll be putting them to bed and I'll say . . . 'I love you, honey.' And they'll say, 'I get it. Very dry, Dad. That's good stuff."

Thank you, Stephen Colbert.

No comments: