Sunday, February 05, 2006

dismemberment plan

A few days late, but from Tuesday's Post (in case you didn't catch these yourself)

  • Read Dana Milbank's column in its new spot on page A2, in case you were wondering why I'm inclined to make fun of progressives. Cindy Sheehan takes Michael Moore's spot on the panel.
  • Did you see the photo that accompanied the story about federal mine regulators making moves to improve safety? The shot is of West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin III handing over a pen to the son of a man who died in a mine fire. In the photo, the kid looks at the pen, his mom looks at the pen and you can't help but think that they're asking themselves, "Are you kidding me? My dad/husband dies and all I/my kid get(s) is a f*ckin' pen?"
  • In Dedham, MA, a dominatrix was cleared of manslaughter charges, filed against he because some guy that she had on a rack died of a heart attack. Okay. But does anyone want to explain the final sentence of the item? "Barbara Asher, 56, who called herself Mistress Lauren M, was also cleared of dismemberment."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen

I know that was WAY too obvious but still worth it, I think

abf said...

Oh, Ione, it wasn't THAT obvious, because I am too dense to get the reference.

Someone want to clue me in?

Anonymous said...

It's from "Say Anything" - John Cusak all busted up over his breakup with Ione "I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen"

She did give him a pen - her dad's suggestion.

abf said...

which is why you named yourself ione . . .