Thursday, September 15, 2005

sorry

I really did speak too fast and, for this, I am sorry. I think it was Wonkette who helped me see the light (a scary thought), comparing Bush's "I take full responsibility" as being similar to your boyfriend saying something along the lines of, "If you think what I did was wrong, then I am sorry." Sounds good, but it still boils down to you being a crazy female who blows things out of proportion. The exact quote was "to the extent that the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility."

Of course, now Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco is saying that she is taking full responsibility too. Maybe they'll fight over that as well.

Dan Bartlett, in response to a question from Soleded O'Brien on CNN about the looming budget crisis, just said something about the need for things to be different in DC. We're going to need to control spending. What a jacka**. How about eliminating that tax cut so that the people who actually rely on help from the government don't have to continue to be the ones who sacrifice?

No comments: