Sunday, July 31, 2005

week three

Tomorrow begins my third week of work on the new job. All is well, beyond the fact that I can't figure out how to manage my time: getting to the gym, running errands, staying on top of the news. I am still working on Friday's paper (I read Wednesday through Thursday this morning) and my to-do list just seems to get longer every minute.

Anyway, check out this piece on Slate about the electability of Hillary. Takes on the "no one will elect a woman" argument, the "lefty" argument, the "not Bill again" schtick and a couple of others (a few of which have been uttered by myself) and does a pretty good at doing so.

Is it weird that I admire Jessica Simpson for getting pissed that ABC edited out how sh*tty things are in Iraq from her recent variety special with hubby Nick?

"It was unbelievable. They didn't show a lot of what really went on with the enemy attacks and the shelling. There was so much stuff that went on and somehow the tapes got mysteriously misplaced."

Next thing you know, Jessica will be jumping on the bus with Jane Fonda.

British wit. Sharp as a pistol. Pointed at a Brazilian guy mistaken for a terrorist.

No comments: