Sunday, February 20, 2005

the twin inside all of us

I saw this thing on television a month or so back about this kid who had an operation to remove a tumor from his stomach and it turned out to be his twin brother, who had been growing inside of him for something like nine years. The documentary suggested that it wasn't something that was entirely uncommon, as many of us start out as twins, with only the fittest of the two surviving.

Anyway, I remembered that story when I saw a headline on the MSNBC site reading, "Baby Stable After Second Head Removed". And I hoped, in my sick little mind, that there was picture.

I assure you, it does not disappoint.

Freakiest sentence in the article? "The head that was removed from Manar had been capable of smiling and blinking but not independent life, doctors said."

No comments: